Builder Service Pledge
NIPSCO pledges to install your gas and/or electric services on an agreed upon date between you and the NIPSCO Engineer assigned to your project.
Your deadlines are important to us. We are committed to installing your services by the date you need it! Your agreed upon date should be based upon the day you need the meters installed and turned on.
This date could be recalculated if one of the customer readiness requirements has been altered after the project has been scheduled. Note that there may be an additional security deposit before a meter turn-on.
NIPSCO will call Indiana Underground Plant Protection Services (811) for the proposed service line.
Customer Readiness Requirements
- At the site, an 8’ wide clear path (free of stumps) must be established along route of proposed service.
- Land or Lot is within 6” of Final Grade. The foundation of the structure must be backfilled
- All buried hazards not affiliated with the Indiana Underground Plant Protection Services must be identified and located by the customer. The Utility will not repair or pay for the repairs of unidentified buried hazards Buried Hazards Form.
- All customer costs associated with the project must be paid in advance of job start.
Additional Requirements – Gas Service Installations
- House line piping must be extended past the outside wall or the proposed location must be marked. Location of fuel line must be in accordance with our Gas Meter Standard.
- Inspections/Permits as required by county &/or city.
Additional Requirements – Electric Service Installations
- Inspections/Permits as required by county &/or city
- At least one wall must be built with electric entrance (meter box) installed and inspected by the appropriate inspector. Electric entrance must be installed in accordance with our electric standards for underground electric services:
Electric Meter (Standard)
Electric Meter (Mobile Home)
Request our Services
Contact our Builder & Developer Services to get started today.
Builder Gas & Electric Request Form | Developer Utilities Installation Request Form
Phone: 1-866-728-4533 (7 a.m. - 5 p.m. CST Monday through Friday)