Request to Relocate Gas Service Line
Please make a request to relocate gas service, call 1-800-4-NIPSCO (1-800-464-7726). Place the order with a customer service representative for the appropriate address. An Engineer will contact you within (2) Business Days.
Please have the following information ready for your Engineer:
• Date you need the meter installed and turned on.
• Gas Load Sheet
• Buried Hazards Form
• Proposed Meter Location
- Mark all private underground facilities
- (sprinklers, septic, etc.)
- Land or Lot is within 6" of final grade
- Clear path for routing of gas and electric lines
- Proposed meter location free of obstructions
- Notifying your engineer when the site is ready
- Electric or Gas load sheet
- Buried Hazards form
- Payments (if applicable)
- Inspections (if applicable)
Your engineer will continue to work with you through this process. Additionally, an engineer may require a Right of Way agreement and easement. Please refer to the Your Responsibility checklist as you prepare the site for readiness. Also be sure to refer to the Installation Requirements and Standards during this time. At this time, your engineer will also prepare for you the estimate to relocate your gas service. Contact your engineer when all site readiness requirements have been completed.
Gas Meter Installation Requirements
- Deposit (if applicable)
- Inspection (if applicable)
- One or more appliances connected
- Your availability to be on site
- Permanent electric service on site (or thermopile appliances)
After the site readiness has been confirmed and all necessary payments received (if applicable), the engineer will release this project to install your gas line to be scheduled for construction.
PLEASE NOTE: The scheduled date may be recalculated if one or more of the site readiness requirements have been altered, or due to emergencies and inclement weather. Your availability to be home is required to relocate your gas line.