Request to Retire/Remove Electric Service
Demolitions cannot take place without the respective service connections and appurtenant equipment removed in a safe manner by NIPSCO. Please allow approximately a 2-week lead time from return of documents when requesting a service retirement date.
Please make a request to retire electric service, call 1-800-4-NIPSCO (1-800-464-7726). Place the order with a customer service representative for the appropriate address.
• Approved Site Plans (if applicable)
• Buried Hazards Form
- Mark all private underground facilities
- (sprinklers, septic, etc.)
- Land or Lot is within 6" of final grade
- Clear path for routing of gas and electric lines
- Proposed meter location free of obstructions
- Notifying your engineer when the site is ready
- Electric or Gas load sheet
- Buried Hazards form
- Payments (if applicable)
- Inspections (if applicable)
Please refer to the Your Responsibility checklist as you prepare the site for readiness. Contact your engineer when all site readiness requirements have been completed.
After the site readiness has been confirmed and all necessary payments received (if applicable), the engineer will release this project to be scheduled for construction. Please note: The scheduled date may be recalculated if one or more of the site readiness requirements have been altered, or due to emergencies and inclement weather.