Request to Upgrade Gas Service
Please make a request to upgrade gas service, call 1-800-4-NIPSCO (1-800-464-7726). Place the order with a customer service representative for the appropriate address.
Please note: There may be a payment required before the service can be upgraded.
Your order will be assigned to an engineer who will contact you to schedule a site visit to determine the cost of the upgrade (if applicable)
• Gas Load Sheet
• Buried Hazards Form
- Mark all private underground facilities
- (sprinklers, septic, etc.)
- Land or Lot is within 6" of final grade
- Clear path for routing of gas and electric lines
- Proposed meter location free of obstructions
- Notifying your engineer when the site is ready
- Electric or Gas load sheet
- Buried Hazards form
- Payments (if applicable)
- Inspections (if applicable)
Once you return the payment and required documents, your engineer will be notified that the upgrade can proceed. Please refer to the Your Responsibility checklist as you prepare the site for readiness. Also be sure to refer to the Installation Requirements and Standards during this time. At this time, your engineer will also prepare for you the estimate to relocate your gas service. Contact your engineer when all site readiness requirements have been completed.
Gas Meter Installation Requirements
- Deposit (if applicable)
- Inspection (if applicable)
- One or more appliances connected
- Your availability to be on site
- Permanent electric service on site (or thermopile appliances)
After the site readiness has been confirmed and all necessary payments received (if applicable), the engineer will release this project to install your gas line to be scheduled for construction.
PLEASE NOTE: The scheduled date may be recalculated if one or more of the site readiness requirements have been altered, or due to emergencies and inclement weather.
Your availability to be home is required to upgrade your gas service.