New Electric Service Request
Please make a request for new electric service installation, call 1-800-4-NIPSCO (1-800-464-7726). Place the order with a customer service representative for the appropriate address.
PLEASE NOTE: There may be a deposit required before a meter turn-on.
• Approved Site Plans (if applicable)
• Electric Load Sheet
• Buried Hazards Form
- Mark all private underground facilities
- (sprinklers, septic, etc.)
- Land or Lot is within 6" of final grade
- Clear path for routing of gas and electric lines
- Proposed meter location free of obstructions
- Notifying your engineer when the site is ready
- Electric or Gas load sheet
- Buried Hazards form
- Payments (if applicable)
- Inspections (if applicable)
One you return the required documents, an engineer will be assigned to your service request and will contact you to schedule a site visit. Additionally, an engineer may require a Right of Way agreement and easement. Please refer to the Your Responsibility checklist as you prepare the site for readiness. Also be sure to refer to the Installation Requirements and Standards during this time. Contact your engineer when all site readiness requirements have been completed.
After the site readiness has been confirmed and all necessary payments received (if applicable), the engineer will release this project to be scheduled for construction.
PLEASE NOTE: The scheduled date may be recalculated if one or more of the site readiness requirements have been altered, or due to emergencies and inclement weather.