Request to Add New Gas Service Line
Please make a request for new gas service installation, call 1-800-4-NIPSCO (1-800-464-7726). Place the order with a customer service representative for the appropriate address.
PLEASE NOTE: There may be a deposit required before a meter turn-on.
The following documents will need to be returned before an engineer can begin designing your service.
• Approved Site Plans (if applicable)
• Gas Load Sheet
• Buried Hazards Form
- Mark all private underground facilities
- (sprinklers, septic, etc.)
- Land or Lot is within 6" of final grade
- Clear path for routing of gas and electric lines
- Proposed meter location free of obstructions
- Notifying your engineer when the site is ready
- Electric or Gas load sheet
- Buried Hazards form
- Payments (if applicable)
- Inspections (if applicable)
Once you return the required documents, an engineer will be assigned to your service request and will contact you to schedule a site visit. The engineer may require a Right of Way agreement and easement. Please refer to the Your Responsibility checklist as you prepare the site for readiness. Also be sure to refer to the Installation Requirements and Standards during this time. Contact your engineer when all site readiness requirements have been completed.
After the site readiness has been confirmed and all necessary payments received (if applicable), the engineer will release this project to install your gas line to be scheduled for construction.
PLEASE NOTE: The scheduled date may be recalculated if one or more of the site readiness requirements have been altered, or due to emergencies and inclement weather.
Gas Meter Installation Requirements
- Deposit (if applicable)
- Inspection (if applicable)
- One or more appliances connected
- Your availability to be on site
- Permanent electric service on site (or thermopile appliances)
After the installation of your gas line, please call us at 1-800-4-NIPSCO to schedule your gas meter installation. The gas meter installation date is dependent on the following:
PLEASE NOTE: All appliance drops and branch connections shall terminate with approved shutoff valves that are properly capped or plugged.