Northern Indiana Wood Stove Changeout Program Income Qualified Residential Voucher
Administered by Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA)
Available to households that are at or below 150 percent of the poverty level or are currently receiving assistance from one or more of the following: Food Stamps, Medical Assistance, Women, Infants, and Children’s Program, and/or Income-qualified Home Energy Assistance Programs.
Eligible households can receive up to $4,000 per home for the replacement of their old, inefficient, high polluting wood-burning stove or boiler.
Do I qualify?
- Replacement or retrofit must take place within Lake, Porter, La Porte, St Joseph, Elkhart, Allen or Starke counties.
- Must provide documentation that you receive assistance from one or more of the following programs: Food Stamps, Medical Assistance, Women, Infants, and Children’s Program and/or Income-qualified Home Energy Assistance Program.
- The wood stove or outdoor wood-burning boiler being replaced must be a non-EPA certified or non-qualified appliance (typically manufactured in 2004 or earlier).
- Replacement or retrofit must be purchased and installled within 30 days of the voucher issue date.
- New appliances must be installed by a certified professional, such as a certified electrician, Registered Gas Installer (“RGI”), National Fireplace Institute (“NFI”) Professional or Chimney Safety Institute of America (“CSIA”) professional.
- Installations and/or retrofits must be done in accordance with any applicable city or county codes/ordinances.
- Old appliances must be recycled at a program approved recycling facility.
How to apply
- Contact the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority to begin the application process.
- The Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA) will work with eligible customers and Participating Retailers to determine the best and most cost effective installation or retrofit.
- The Participating Retailer will provide you with a detailed cost estimate of the installation or retrofit.
- The Participating Retailer will submit your voucher application to the Income Qualified Program Administrator for approval.
- Replacement or retrofits must be purchased and installed within 30 days of the voucher issue date.
The Program is available through these local retailers.
Interested in becoming a Participating Retailer?
Please review and complete the Participating Retailer Agreement Form.
Pamela Emery, Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority firstname.lastname@example.org
(800) 872- 0371 (toll free)