Custom Natural Gas Incentive Program
For Existing Facilities
- Retrofit of existing equipment/systems
- Replacement of existing equipment/systems
The Custom Natural Gas Program offers financial incentives to qualifying, non-transport-only,
Commercial, Industrial, Non-Profit, Government and Institutional Customers to facilitate the completion
of cost-effective, energy efficiency projects involving the installation of new, high-efficiency equipment or
systems. NIPSCO has partnered with Franklin Energy Services, LLC who will administer the program.
What type of projects qualify
- Process Efficiency Changes
- Heating System Replacement/Upgrade
- Burner Optimization
- Energy Recovery Ventilators
- Energy Management Systems
- High Efficiency Burners
- Combustion Air Pre-Heaters
For a full list of specifications, see the Natural Gas Program Application below.
- An eligible Customer is any non-transport-only business or non-profit organization served under
NIPSCO’s natural gas tariffs 421, 425, and 451.
- Do not begin the project until approved. Project approval is required before incentive eligibility will
- Submitting a Request for Approval form does not guarantee an incentive will be approved.
- Incentives are based on natural gas reductions in therms through qualified efficiency improvements at
a rate of $0.60/therm.
- Energy reductions must be well documented with auditable calculations.
- Simple payback without incentive must be one (1) year or greater.
- Complete Terms and Conditions may be found on the application form.
How to Apply
Step 1 - Request for Approval
Step 2 - NIPSCO Reviews Application Form
Upon receipt of your Request for Approval Application form, NIPSCO will determine if your project qualifies.
Step 3 – Custom Installation Agreement
Step 4 – Complete Your Approved Project
Step 5 – Completion Form
Call us toll free 855-812-9085 (Monday – Friday 7 a.m.-5 p.m. CST) with questions. Fax: 219-750-9558