Prescriptive Natural Gas Incentive Program
For Existing Facilities
- Retrofit of existing equipment/systems
- Replacement of existing equipment/systems
The Prescriptive Natural Gas Program offers financial incentives to qualifying, non-transport-only,
Commercial, Industrial, Non-Profit, Government and Institutional Customers to facilitate the completion
of cost-effective, energy efficiency projects involving the installation of new, high-efficiency equipment or
systems. NIPSCO has partnered with Franklin Energy Services, LLC who will administer the program.
What type of projects qualify
Projects consist of the retrofit or replacement of existing equipment/systems including, space heating systems and controls, steam trap repair and replacement, and boiler burner controls. For a full list of measures, see the Prescriptive Natural Gas Program Application below.
- Any non-transport business or non-profit organization served under NIPSCO natural gas tariffs 421, 425, and 451.
- Submitting the Prescriptive Incentive Application does not guarantee an incentive will be approved.
- A Prescriptive Incentive Application must be submitted within 30 days of project completion for each installation address, along with copies of the paid, itemized invoice(s).
- A Request for Approval form must be completed for industrial process projects or those with incentives
over $10,000 in order to determine if the project qualifies as Custom or Prescriptive.
- Complete Terms and Conditions may be found on the application form.
How to Apply
Step 1 - Prescriptive Natural Gas Program Application
To apply for prescriptive incentives, the applicant must complete and submit the Prescriptive Incentive Application within 30 days of project completion for each installation address, along with copies of the paid, itemized invoice(s).
Step 2 - NIPSCO Reviews Application Form and Verifies Installation
Step 3 – Receive Your Incentive Payment
Once your application is submitted and project inspection completed (as applicable), incentive payments are made within five business days.
Call us toll free 855-812-9085 (Monday – Friday 7 a.m.-5 p.m. CST) with questions. Fax: 219-750-9558