In its natural state, natural gas is odorless and colorless. For easier detection of gas leaks, NIPSCO adds a distinctive “rotten egg” scent to natural gas. If you notice this odor, get out of your home or business immediately and call 1-800-634-3525. Learn more about gas emergencies and other gas safety by clicking the links below.
Are you prepared if a natural gas leak occurs in your home?
Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, non-corrosive gas made up of one part carbon and one part oxygen. It’s harmless in open spaces but poisonous if allowed to accumulate. Learn the dangers, symptoms, and how you can prevent it in your home.
Planning home improvement job? Call 811 before you dig.
Learn more about pipelines and your responsibility here.
Check out our tips before purchasing your next appliance.
Learn how to keep your family safe in the event of a flood.