Request to Upgrade Electric Service
Please make a request for an electric upgrade, call 1-800-4-NIPSCO (1-800-464-7726). Place the order with a customer service representative for the appropriate address.
- Mark all private underground facilities
- (sprinklers, septic, etc.)
- Land or Lot is within 6" of final grade
- Clear path for routing of gas and electric lines
- Proposed meter location free of obstructions
- Notifying your engineer when the site is ready
- Electric or Gas load sheet
- Buried Hazards form
- Payments (if applicable)
- Inspections (if applicable)
Once you return the required documents, an engineer will be assigned to your service upgrade request and will contact you to schedule a site visit. Please refer to the Your Responsibility checklist as you prepare the site for readiness. Also be sure to refer to the Installation Requirements and Standards during this time. At this time, your engineer will also prepare for you the estimate to upgrade your electric service. Contact your engineer when all site readiness requirements have been completed.
After the site readiness has been confirmed and all necessary payments received (if applicable), the engineer will release this project to be scheduled for construction.
PLEASE NOTE: The scheduled date may be recalculated if one or more of the site readiness requirements have been altered, or due to emergencies and inclement weather.