Pay in Person
Authorized Payment Agent Locations
Over 200 authorized payment locations are conveniently located throughout our service area in grocery stores, pharmacies, financial institutions, check cashing and variety stores. Please remember to bring a copy of your statement or account number.
- All pay stations charge a minimal convenience fee for each transaction.
- Pay stations are authorized to accept all payments (except on industrial accounts), up to $2,500 per account per day. Federal requirements limit the maximum payment amount at $2,500 per transaction.
- Pay stations use an automated system enabling us to post payments to your account within two business days.
- Some locations may charge a consumer fee and may require a bill in order to make a payment or process a security deposit.
View Authorized Payment Agent Locations
Use Only Authorized Payment Agents
Many of our customers pay their bill directly to us or use a payment agent that we've authorized to collect customer payments. However, some customers have begun using bill payment services that do not have any arrangements with us to process payments. We cannot ensure that payments made through one of these unauthorized bill payment services will be forwarded to us in a timely manner or even ensure that payment will be forwarded at all.
To protect yourself and your utility service, be sure to follow these steps:
- Use caution when making your payment through a third-party bill payment service that is not authorized by NIPSCO.
- Be sure to bring both portions (top and bottom) of your bill or provide your 10-digit account number.
- The payment agent might charge a service fee for each transaction. Check your local phone directory and contact the payment agent for specifics.
- Most importantly, always keep your receipt.
If you received a termination notice, you MUST call NIPSCO at 1-800-464-7726 to report your receipt number after making payment. If it is the day of termination, we cannot guarantee your service will not be disconnected. When you call, follow these steps:
- Select option 1 on the NIPSCO DirectLink automated phone system for billing and payment information.
- Select option 1 from the next menu to enter a payment receipt number.