Appliance Recycling Program
Getting rid of that old energy guzzling refrigerator or freezer is as easy as can be. Our contractor will pick up your appliance at no additional cost to you and you will receive $50
Things to know:
- You must be a NIPSCO residential electric customer with active service.
- You must own the appliance (10-30 cubic feet).
- Appliance must be plugged in, working and empty at the time of pick-up.
- An adult (18 years or older) must be available at the time of pick-up.
- Limit of 2 appliances per household per year.
- The old appliance will be delivered to a safe recycling facility.
- In rare instances, older units may use sulfur dioxide (SO2) as a refrigerant. These units are not eligible for recycling. We can only determine if your appliance contains SO2 upon visual inspection.
Clicking on the button above takes the user to webpages operated and maintained by a third-party provider of energy efficiency and energy saving services not owned by or affiliated with NIPSCO. The link is provided as a convenience by NIPSCO and NIPSCO does not make any representations or warranties regarding the security of the website or the provision of goods and services by the third party provider. NIPSCO disclaims any and all liability that may arise from the use of third party websites.
Or call the Appliance Recycling Program at 1-800-721-7385 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CST Monday through Friday.
NIPSCO is a participating partner of the Responsible Appliance Disposal (RAD) Program, a voluntary partnership that works with utilities, retailers, manufacturers, states, affiliates and others to dispose of old refrigerated appliances using the best environmental practices available - going beyond federal requirements to protect Earth’s climate and ozone layer.
NIPSCO’s residential energy efficiency programs are administered by Lockheed Martin Energy, a third-party implementation specialist that helps homes save energy.