It's easy to get rid of your old, energy-guzzling refrigerator or freezer
Our contractor will pick up your working appliance at no additional cost to you, and you’ll get $50 for it.
Things to know
- You must be a NIPSCO residential electric customer with active service
- Appliance must be 10-30 cubic feet and be plugged in, working and empty at the time of pick-up
- You must own the appliance
- An adult (18 years or older) must be available at the time of pick-up
- Limit of 2 appliances per household per year
- The old appliance will be delivered to a safe recycling facility
- In rare instances, older units that use sulfur dioxide (SO2) as a refrigerant are not eligible for recycling, and we can only determine if your appliance contains SO2 upon visual inspection
Schedule a pick up
You can also call 1-800-721-7385 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT.
NIPSCO is a participating partner of the Responsible Appliance Disposal (RAD) Program, a voluntary partnership that works with utilities, retailers, manufacturers, states, affiliates and others to dispose of old refrigerated appliances using the best environmental practices available - going beyond federal requirements to protect Earth’s climate and ozone layer.
*Clicking on the links/buttons above takes the user to web pages operated and maintained by a third-party provider of energy efficiency and energy saving services not owned by or affiliated with NIPSCO. The link is provided as a convenience by NIPSCO and NIPSCO does not make any representations or warranties regarding the security of the website or the provisions of goods and services by the third party provider. NIPSCO disclaims any and all liability that may arise from the use of third party websites.
NIPSCO’s residential energy efficiency programs are administered by Lockheed Martin Energy, a third-party implementation specialist that helps homes save energy.