Get a Home Energy Assessment
When you schedule a no-cost Home Energy Assessment, you’re on your way to improving the comfort of your home and lowering energy bills. A professional energy advisor will take you step-by-step through the assessment to identify long-term, cost-effective energy saving opportunities.
What to expect
- A Home Energy Assessment usually takes 1-2 hours.
- Your energy advisor analyzes your current usage and explains additional rebate offers.
- If you don’t own your home, you must receive written permission from the landlord or property owner before the installation of any permanent products. Use this Property Owner Authorization Form.
Your no-cost assessment includes:
- An analysis of your home's heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system for operating efficiency
- On-the-spot installation of some or all of these low-cost, energy-saving products:
- LED bulbs
- Duct sealing
- Energy efficient sink faucet aerators
- Energy efficient showerheads
- Water heater pipe wrap
- Furnace filter whistle
- A comprehensive report of recommended low-cost and no-cost energy saving solutions, which may reduce your energy bills by as much as 30 percent after installation or implementation
Additional incentives on insulation
You could even receive up to a $700 instant discount off your contractor invoice if your insulation meets these eligibility requirements:
- Inspection of existing attic insulation level during the 2020 HEA is found to be R-11 or less
- Additional attic insulation installed must increase the R-value to R-38 or greater
- Your work is performed by an approved insulation contractor* before the end of the 2020 program year.
Do you qualify?
- You must be an active residential customer
- Your home must be more than 5 years old
- You have not had a NIPSCO-sponsored energy assessment in the past 3 years
- You have not had a NIPSCO Income Qualified Weatherization in the past 3 years
- 2020 program funds are limited
Or call TRC at 1-800-721-7385 to set up your no-cost assessment today!
Please note: All Home Energy Assessments are subject to inspection to confirm that energy-saving equipment is properly installed. We randomly select homes for inspection to ensure that program participants are receiving the full benefits. See our Program Inspectors.
NIPSCO’s residential energy efficiency programs are administered by TRC, a third-party implementation specialist that helps homes and businesses save energy.
*Clicking on the above link/button takes the user to webpages operated and maintained by a third-party provider of energy efficiency and energy saving services not owned by or affiliated with NIPSCO. The link is provided as a convenience by NIPSCO, and NIPSCO does not make any representations or warranties regarding the security of the website or the provision of goods and services by the third party provider. NIPSCO disclaims any and all liability that may arise from the use of third party websites.