In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and for the safety of our customers and our employees, we are currently suspending all appointments and events related to the residential energy efficiency programs.
Get a no-cost weatherization appointment
If you're income eligible, you can schedule a no-cost weatherization appointment to improve the comfort and performance of your home, all while lowering energy bills.
What you can expect
A weatherization appointment usually takes 1-2 hours.
The occupant does not need to be the homeowner, but must receive written permission from the landlord or property owner before the installation of any permanent products. Use this Property Owner Authorization Form.
Your no-cost weatherization includes:
- Analysis of your home's heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system for operating efficiency
- Inspection of insulation levels
- On-the-spot installation of some or all of these low-cost, energy-saving products:
- LED bulbs
- Duct sealing
- Programmable thermostats
- Energy efficient sink faucet aerators
- Energy efficient showerhead(s)
- Water heater pipe wrap
- Furnace filter whistle
- Must be a NIPSCO residential customer with active service
- Home has not had a NIPSCO-sponsored weatherization in the past 3 years
- Receive Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP or EAP), or
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and
- Total household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
This program is available on a first-come, first-served basis. To learn more, call TRC at 1-800-721-7385.
Please note: All weatherization activities are subject to inspection to confirm that energy-saving equipment is properly installed. We randomly select homes for inspection to ensure that program participants are receiving the full benefits. See our Program Inspectors.
NIPSCO’s residential energy efficiency programs are administered by TRC, a third-party implementation specialist that helps homes and businesses save energy.
*Clicking on the above link/button takes the user to webpages operated and maintained by a third-party provider of energy efficiency and energy saving services not owned by or affiliated with NIPSCO. The link is provided as a convenience by NIPSCO, and NIPSCO does not make any representations or warranties regarding the security of the website or the provision of goods and services by the third party provider. NIPSCO disclaims any and all liability that may arise from the use of third party websites.