Home Energy Assessment
When you schedule a no-cost NIPSCO Home Energy Assessment, you are well on your way to improving the comfort and performance of your home, all while lowering energy bills. A professional energy advisor will take you step-by-step through the assessment to identify long-term, cost-effective energy saving opportunities.
What you can expect:
- A Home Energy Assessment usually takes 1-2 hours.
- Your energy advisor will analyze your current usage and explain additional NIPSCO rebate offers.
- The occupant does not need to be the homeowner, but must receive written permission from the landlord or property owner before the installation of any permanent products: Property Owner Authorization Form.
Your no-cost assessment will include:
- An analysis of your home's heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system for operating efficiency
- On-the-spot installation of some or all of these low-cost, energy-saving products:
- LED bulbs
- Duct sealing
- Energy efficient sink faucet aerators
- Energy efficient showerheads
- Water heater pipe wrap
- Furnace filter whistle
- A comprehensive report of recommended low-cost and no-cost energy saving solutions. These solutions may reduce your energy bills by as much as 30% after installation or implementation.
Save even more with NIPSCO rebates on additional products, such as:
- Smart wi-fi programmable thermostat
- Natural gas furnace
- High-efficiency air conditioner
- You must have an active NIPSCO residential account.
- Your home must be more than 5 years old.
- You have not had a utility sponsored energy assessment in the past 3 years.
- Apartments/stacked Unit Homes do not qualify for this program.
- 2017 program funds are limited.
Call Lockheed Martin Energy at 1-800-721-7385 to set up your no-cost assessment today!
NIPSCO’s residential energy efficiency programs are administered by Lockheed Martin Energy, a third-party implementation specialist that helps homes save energy.