Dusk to Dawn Outdoor Light Rental
Enjoy the safety and security of outdoor lighting
NIPSCO provides a variety of High Pressure Sodium (HPS) outdoor lighting options to fit your individual needs. Perfect for both business and suburban or rural areas.
NIPSCO Dusk-to-Dawn lights will illuminate any area where you need additional lighting. Keeping dark areas lit is an effective way to prevent nighttime crime and vandalism.
Mishaps and accidents can be significantly reduced if you illuminate doorways, sidewalks, and driveways. Photoelectric cells control the light and automatically turn them on at dusk and off at dawn. Keep your family and friends safe and secure. Choose the lighting option that works best for you.
Get all the benefits of Dusk-to-Dawn Lighting with no up-front costs and convenient billing on your NIPSCO statement. One low monthly fee is all you’ll pay! Price includes light fixture, installation on a NIPSCO pole, and maintenance. If a pole is not present, one can be installed for an additional charge.
How to Enroll
Simply review the Terms & Conditions and select a light that fits your needs. Then, print, sign and send your Enrollment Form to NIPSCO today! Include pole number and light direction to ensure proper installation. The pole number is located on a metal plate on your existing NIPSCO pole.
*Estimated price based on installation of D-D light on an existing NIPSCO pole with available secondary voltage facilities. If these facilities are not available, they can be installed for additional charges. Please call NIPSCO for more information.
This is an 18-month agreement with automatic renewal and all monthly charges will appear on your NIPSCO bill. Click here for current electric service rate information.
Dusk-to-Dawn Terms and Conditions:
- Dusk-to-Dawn Lighting service is an 18-month continuous agreement available to electric customers whose accounts are current. Fixtures will not be installed until receipt of signed printed agreement.
- NIPSCO account(s) and NIPSCO Dusk-to-Dawn Lighting payments must be kept current to maintain uninterrupted service.
- NIPSCO reserves the right to change pricing as approved by the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission.
- Should the customer move or decide to terminate agreement prior to 18 months of service, the customer will be billed for the remainder of the agreement. In the event of a home sale, the new owner may assume the remainder of this agreement. Service is non-transferable from one location to another.
- Dusk-to-Dawn Lighting is a minimum 18-month agreement. Service will continue until the customer notifies NIPSCO.
- NIPSCO will install, own, and maintain a bracket mounted suburban type lighting fixture including photoelectric control. Installations in incorporated cities and towns must be located on or extend over the property of the customer.
- The customer shall furnish to NIPSCO, without cost to the company, all rights, permits, and easements necessary to permit the installation and maintenance of NIPSCO’s facilities on, over, under, and across private property where and as needed by the company in providing service hereunder.
- Lamp replacements and repairs will be made within a reasonable period of time, during regular working hours, after the customer notifies NIPSCO of the need for such maintenance. Replacement parts may be made with an equivalent make or model.