NIPSCO Choice Program
Take Control of Your Gas Bill. It's Your Choice.
NIPSCO Choice is a voluntary program that gives you the opportunity to choose your natural gas supplier. We know that consumers like to shop around for competitively priced products and services, and this program gives you the same opportunity for your energy needs. NIPSCO is currently the only utility in Indiana offering such alternative supplier options to all its natural gas customers.
Natural Gas Bill Breakdown
This image represents a typical customer’s bill who purchases gas from NIPSCO. If you should choose to participate in the Choice program, your bill will be separated into two parts.
- Gas Supply Charges: The gas supply portion of your bill, which includes gas supply and interstate transportation and storage, typically represents the largest part of your total bill. NIPSCO currently provides this portion, however you have the option to decide whether you want to purchase your gas from a list of 12 approved Choice Suppliers, or continue purchasing your natural gas directly from NIPSCO.
- NIPSCO Gas Delivery Charges: If you choose to participate in the Choice program, you will purchase your gas from the Choice Supplier you select, but NIPSCO will continue to deliver the gas to your home or business through our existing pipeline system, both safely and reliably. NIPSCO’s delivery charge will continue to appear on your monthly bill.
How to Enroll
- Review the Choice Supplier list and choose the suppliers you would like to contact.
- For your convenience, you can compare current pricing and plan offerings from the Choice Suppliers.
- Call the Choice Suppliers and ask about their offers. Be sure to ask any other questions that you may have.
- Choose the Choice Supplier that offers the best package for you, your family, or your business. Keep in mind that your account number is confidential. Only share this information with the Choice Supplier you have chosen.
Important Things to Consider
- The NIPSCO Choice program does not mean guaranteed savings.
- Review all contract terms and conditions before entering an agreement with a Choice Supplier.
- Early termination fees may apply.
- NIPSCO’s current gas prices are listed in the Detail Charges Section of your bill below your Total Charges for Gas Service.
- Some Choice Suppliers market their product door-to-door. Ask for identification from the Choice Supplier if you should have any question about whether or not the individual is an approved, independent supplier, or please contact us at 1-800-4-NIPSCO (800-464-7726) to verify.