Low HERS scores save energy
If you are a home builder that builds high-efficiency homes, this program is for you! Home builders within NIPSCO service territory can earn cash incentives through NIPSCO’s Residential New Construction Program. Incentives will be paid to the home builder on a per-home basis. Residential home builders can earn up to $510 per home.
New construction homes must be rated by a Certified RESNET Home Energy Rater or Rating Field Inspector to qualify.
Earn up to $510/home
|Tier||NIPSCO Electric Service & NIPSCO Natural Gas Service1, 4||NIPSCO Electric Service Only2, 4||NIPSCO Natural Gas Service Only3, 4|
HERS Score of ≤ 56
HERS Score of 65-57
HERS Score of 75-66
Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index is a nationally recognized industry standard by which a home's energy efficiency is measured.
1New Construction electric & natural gas home must have active NIPSCO residential electric and natural gas service, an electric cooling system, and utilize natural gas for all space heating to be eligible.
2New Construction electric only homes must have active NIPSCO residential electric service AND the home must have an electric cooling system to be eligible.
3New Construction natural gas service only homes must have active NIPSCO residential natural gas service AND the home must utilize natural gas for all space heating to be eligible.
4New Construction homes using ground source heat pumps (geothermal) or dual fuel systems (a heat pump used in conjunction with a gas furnace) are not eligible for any type of rebate through the Residential New Construction program.
How home builders can participate
- Homes must be new construction
- Homes must have active NIPSCO residential electric and/or natural gas service
- Homes must be detached single family, duplex, or multifamily end unit type to qualify
- The HERS Index score must be calculated by a Certified RESNET Home Energy Rater or Certified RESNET HERS Rating Field Inspector
- Homes receiving a rebate in the Residential New Construction program will not be eligible for rebates through any other NIPSCO Residential programs for a period of three years after the HERS Index Rating date
- Applications must be submitted within 90 days of HERS Rating date for HERS ratings between January 1, 2020 – November 30, 2020. Applications for homes rated after October 31, 2020 must be postmarked by November 30, 2020
- Applications must be completed, signed and include a copy of the HERS Rating Index Score documentation as well as the invoice from the HERS Rater showing the instant discount (if applicable)
- 2020 program funds are limited. Applications are processed and paid on a first-come, first-served basis
To speak with a program representative, call TRC toll free at 1-800-721-7385 (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CST).
NIPSCO’s residential energy efficiency programs are administered by TRC, a third-party implementation specialist that helps homes and businesses save energy.