Hands Off Electric Systems
Hands off electrical systems. Remember that even low-voltage electric shock is potentially fatal. To avoid this risk, keep away from electrical equipment and systems.
- Never attempt to disconnect electrical services. This can be an extremely dangerous, even deadly, mistake.
- Never cut service wires or power lines.
- Never attempt to remove electrical meters. This is extremely dangerous and can cause serious injury or death.
- Never attempt to open or enter a manhole or vault until you are sure it has been deenergized.
- Never touch or attempt to move power lines. Remember, your protective gear does not insulate you against electric shock. In dealing with electrical systems, employ a hands-off policy and call NIPSCO.