Introduced in 2018, NIPSCO’s Public Safety Education and Training Action Grant aims to provide funding for community and youth public safety education programming and training for first responders.
Areas could include, but are not limited to:
- Damage prevention on underground natural gas lines
- Police and fire department fire and carbon monoxide safety
- Child-related safety education
Grant funding is not intended for purchase of equipment other than needed to support public safety education programs and training.
Eligible organizations must be a 501(c)3 or other non-profit as determined by the Internal Revenue Service with an environmental project focus and have a direct impact in the NIPSCO service area.
Applications will be accepted in August 2019.
- City of Hammond Fire Department, Fire Prevention Education
- La Porte County Juvenile Serve Center Task Force, PACER’s National Bullying Prevention
- Boys & Girls Club of Fort Wayne Indiana, Blue Bucket Brigade (BBB)
- Andrean High School, ALICE (Alert Lockdown Inform Counter Evacuate) Training
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of NE Indiana, EMPOWER Sexual Abuse Prevention Training
- Valparaiso Fire Department, Active Shooter Awareness for Educators
- District 2 Hospital Preparedness Planning Committee, Stop the Bleed Kit
- Portage Township DBA SW Central Fire Territory, Gas Detectors
- Kouts Volunteer Fire Department, Fire Prevention Program
- Center Township Volunteer Fire Department of La Porte, Fire Prevention Materials
- Michigan City High School Grant Acceptance Fund, Fire Science Fire Prevention
- Harrison Township Volunteer Fire Department, Emergency Responder Training