Introduced in 2018, NIPSCO’s Public Safety Education and Training Action Grant aims to provide funding for community and youth public safety education programming and training for first responders.
Grant funding is not intended for purchase of equipment other than needed to support public safety education programs and training. Grants available for $500 to $5000.
Grant applications are being accepted through August 7, 2020. Grant recipients will be announced the week of August 24.
Use the link below to apply. Select public safety/education as the type of donation.
Grant applications should include:
- Detailed project description including amount requested, scope of project and community impact.
- Overview of how support will be recognized (press release, social media, website, etc.) and how it will benefit your organization.
- Attach project budget, board of directors, other project contributors
- City of Hammond Fire Department, Fire Prevention Education
- La Porte County Juvenile Serve Center Task Force, PACER’s National Bullying Prevention
- Boys & Girls Club of Fort Wayne Indiana, Blue Bucket Brigade (BBB)
- Andrean High School, ALICE (Alert Lockdown Inform Counter Evacuate) Training
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of NE Indiana, EMPOWER Sexual Abuse Prevention Training
- Valparaiso Fire Department, Active Shooter Awareness for Educators
- District 2 Hospital Preparedness Planning Committee, Stop the Bleed Kit
- Portage Township DBA SW Central Fire Territory, Gas Detectors
- Kouts Volunteer Fire Department, Fire Prevention Program
- Center Township Volunteer Fire Department of La Porte, Fire Prevention Materials
- Michigan City High School Grant Acceptance Fund, Fire Science Fire Prevention
- Harrison Township Volunteer Fire Department, Emergency Responder Training
- Angola Parks & Recreation, trail safety education
- Crown Point Fire Rescue, safety education
- East Allen County Schools, training
- Franciscan Health, smoke/carbon monoxide detectors
- Hammond IN Police, first responder training
- Idaville Volunteer Fire Dept., firefighter training
- Indiana Operation Lifesaver, first responder training
- LaGrange County Sheriff's Office, safety education
- Pines Fire Department, CPR Community Safety
- Poe Volunteer Fire Department, safety education
- REAL Services, Inc., CPR training
- St Joseph County PSAP, 911 gives back
- Trustees of Indiana University, self-defense classes
- Warren Township, safety education
- Wheatfield Volunteer Fire Dept., safety education